- Chairman of research organization SINTEF
- Chairman of cybersecurity company mnemonic
- Chairman of robotics company wheel.me
- Chairman of innovation hub DigitalNorway
- Board member of energy and infrastructure company CapeOmega
Walter Qvam was president and chief executive officer of Kongsberg Group ASA and has held leading positions in numerous prominent Norwegian and international businesses, including Det Norske Veritas, Capgemini, and the Norwegian state railway company NSB. His broad leadership experience spans a variety of fields, including oil and gas, shipping, IT, transportation, and consultancy.
Skills and experience
Walter is one of Norway's most experienced corporate leaders and a highly respected and adept chairman. He has a deep understanding of the priorities of technology-driven businesses accumulated across numerous industries; and applies a steady hand to drive strategic processes at board level.
Walther Qvam graduated Master of Science from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).