GeoStreamer X is an advanced marine seismic strategy for acquiring upgraded data in any geological regime. It combines multisensor broadband fidelity with rich azimuthal illumination. Acquisition designs can be tailored to include wide-tow sources, dense streamer spacing for improved near-offset distribution, and long streamers for accurate velocity model building.
Redefining Multi-Azimuth Streamer Seismic
As pioneers of multi-azimuth (MAZ) imaging for improved target illumination, PGS takes the solution one step further with GeoStreamer X to deliver rich azimuthal data with broadband frequencies. With configurations tailored to targets, added benefits can be achieved from wide-tow sources and dense streamer spreads to resolve complex exploration targets. The GeoStreamer X configuration can be applied to new surveys in frontier areas or to overshoot existing GeoStreamer data for a rapid upgrade.
- Tailoring target depths with GeoStreamer X
- Why GeoStreamer X is faster, cheaper and smarter than nodes for exploration
Key Advantages of GeoStreamer X
- Cost-effective multi-azimuth illumination
- Delivers high-quality exploration data up to five times faster than node acquisition
- Long or extra-long offsets for reliable FWI velocity model building, which can be used as an independent tool for exploration
- Wide-tow sources for optimal near offset coverage, reduced turnaround, and reliable AVO analyses
- Multi-sources for improved dense spatial sampling and efficiency
- Deep tow GeoStreamer for best signal-to-noise
- Considerably reduced cost and turnaround - single vessel set up for shallow targets
- Less environmental footprint of using a single vessel for shallow targets, and reduced risk of area conflicts with fisheries