Africa Oil Week
PGS has been supporting Africa's hydrocarbon industry with advanced acquisition and imaging technology for over two decades. Our extensive MultiClient Africa data library is an essential resource for those seeking new venture opportunities or to understand the mature areas and producing landscape.
Here are some of the hot topics PGS Africa experts look forward to discussing in November and December:
- Ghana: new PGS MegaSurvey targets the extensive prospective acreage of the Ghanaian offshore. First data is available now.
- Côte d’Ivoire: MegaSurvey for CDI, see also our case study on improved target illumination below channels
- Congo: MegaSurvey + (reprocessed) over open blocks; new MC3D ideas for Congo Shelf
- Angola: New MultiClient GeoStreamer 3D data, 3D basin modeling study, and PGS Access™ product support exploration of the Namibe Basin ahead of the opening of License Rounds.
- Angola: Modern imaging and new PGS 3D GeoStreamer surveys are set to unlock presalt and postsalt plays in Kwanza Basin open shelf blocks 6, 7, and 8.
- Nigeria: Reprocessed data covering blocks 314/315 and 248/249/250
- Egypt: New 2D available in Western Mediterranean to support the coming license round. PSDM processing is now complete on new regional long-offset GeoStreamer 2D data offshore Egypt.
- Lebanon: Unlock the Levantine Basin using the PGS 3D PSDM MegaSurvey and 8 800 km of tied 2D GeoStreamer seismic data
- Gabon: MegaSurvey coverage, license round support and well data package
PGS is also supporting the governments of Côte d'Ivoire and the Republic of Congo on dedicated stands at this event.
Business Program | 5 November
11:00 - 12:00 Main Stage | Plenary Session | African Exploration & Production: Past & Future
Keynote: Energy Security in Uncertain Times: Accelerating Exploration & Development in Africa, Rune O Pedersen, President CEO, PGS
Technical Program | 5 November
14:30 Prospect Forum | Exploration Opportunities in Angola Christine Roche, PGS
14:45 Prospect Forum | Exploration Opportunities in the Republic of Guinea, James Gara, PGS
16:00 Main Stage | Regional Session | Atlantic Transform Margin (Liberia to Nigeria) | Christine Roche (PGS) Daniel Berkove (IHS Markit) Jonathan Evans (BP) Mele Kolo Kyari (NNPC) Steve Gilchrist (Castor Vali) Thore Kristiansen (GALP)
For more information about PGS activity at Africa Oil Week, please send us an email