Regional-scale basin modeling examines the prospectivity of a source rock and is a key element for evaluating a petroleum system. PGS offers a combination of geological knowledge alongside a full seismic interpretation to complement the modeling process.
Options within a full basin modeling report:
- Source rock maturity, expulsion, timing and transformation ratio through time
- Burial history plots
- Salt modeling and its effect on source rock maturation and expulsion
- Hydrocarbon phase prediction
- Modeling of varying geological conditions, including source rock character, thermal and tectonic regimes
- Thermal maturation mapping
Transformation ratio over time for identified source rock intervals in the Kwanza Basin, Angola. Black contours indicate temperature (°C).