To enable robust processes and focus on improvement, PGS emphasizes five main areas in its quality program.
- Process management – streamlining our work activities to deliver quality every time in all our interactions.
- Continuous improvement – systematically improving, measuring and sustaining results.
- Risk-based management – meeting internal and external requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Audit and review – checking to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Supplier quality assurance – working with suppliers and staying “front of mind”.
These are components of a long-term plan for the organization that we evolve over time.
To optimize and manage quality, we have identified and removed non-value added activities and implemented more effective ways of working.
- We introduced a more automated system for managing governing documents such as policies, procedures;
- we improved the recording of quality failures, improvements, audits, and reviews in the HSEQ reporting system;
- we evolved our supplier quality assurance program focusing on managing qualification and performance;
- we streamlined the audit and review program with an increased focus on system level improvements; and
- finally, we revised our process management approach to enable better process clarity for all employees.
This work will enable us to further improve the standard of our day-to-day work, enabling us to achieve our goal of delivering quality every time to our colleagues and to our customers.