In 2019, we performed a materiality re-assessment to revisit our company’s priorities on sustainability. We re-evaluated the aspects of our business that have the biggest environmental and social impact.
We consider the following five as having the highest importance to PGS and its stakeholders:
- Ensuring compliance with law and avoiding corruption
- Managing impacts on the marine environment
- Protecting the health, safety and security of our people
- Employee development
- Customer satisfaction
Materiality assessment allows us to revisit our priorities in terms of the SDGs. We have introduced SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure and SDG 13: Climate Action to our list of priorities, as we believe these goals are highly relevant to our business, and an area where we can make a difference through our work.
Innovation, research and development are paramount for our future and efforts towards a more sustainable future. PGS has embarked on a digital transformation that, as well as encouraging employees to contribute towards innovation in our industry, involves investing in R&D activities and new thinking that encourages sustainable resource exploration.
Climate change is a serious threat to society, the environment and to our own business. We are committed to reducing emissions from our own operations. To further reinforce and integrate our commitment to corporate responsibility in our strategy processes, thinking and behavior, we are issuing a PGS policy on the subject, signed by our CEO.
The PGS Corporate Responsibility Policy applies to all employees and strengthens our pledge to:
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Ensure that we are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor
- Uphold the effective abolition of child labor
- Uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies
- Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery