rockAVO enables the user to perturb rock, fluid and seismic properties and observe the effects on the modeled elastic well logs (acoustic impedance and Poisson ratio) and pre- and post-synthetic seismic data.
Examples of some of the variables that can be perturbed are given below.
- Rock properties: water saturation (Sw), porosity (PHIT), the volume of clay (Vcl)
- Fluid properties: gas gravity, oil gravity, GOR
- Seismic properties: dominant seismic frequency, angle mute, offset increment, wavelet
- Properties for 4D & CCS: volume and type of cement, pore pressure, CO2 fluid mixer
- Other properties: GOC position, AVA pick depth, substitution interval