Our brand new Benin Advanced Interpretation Package (AIP) combines data with geoscience to fast-track your understanding of the basin, by revealing untested prospectivity together with the results of drilled wells. It is based upon the PGS MultiClient data library, which includes over 4300 sq. km of 3D seismic, 7400 km of 2D seismic, pre-stack data for selected 3D volumes, along with data and reports from 34 exploration wells.
The Benin AIP integrates all available data to provide a robust prospectivity study. It includes:
- Composite logs, petrophysics, rock physics analysis and synthetics on all available wells.
- A harmonized sequence stratigraphic framework, corroborated with the conjugate Potiguar Basin stratigraphy.
- Basin Modeling study to assess source rock maturity, expulsion and charge.
- Regional post-stack trace integration on MegaSurvey PSTM datasets.
- Play-focused Quantitative Interpretation on all datasets with available prestack data.
- Depositional environment and facies maps for each depositional sequence.
- Play fairway maps to delineate source, reservoir, seal and trap risks.
- A catalog of prospects.
The results of the AIP highlight a number of overlooked plays and identify numerous new de-risked, ready-to-drill prospects on open acreage or farm-in opportunities.
Acoustic impedance map showing the shelf-edge play that is interpreted to be under-explored yet holds considerable potential
Acoustic Impedance section showing a prospective deepwater fan deposit
Example of a gross depositional environment map
Find Out More