Ramform Titan will again be configured with 14 multisensor streamers, each 10.05 km long, the largest spread ever towed offshore Brazil. This configuration minimizes the number of source points per square kilometer and reduces the number of acquisition days. Both these measures reduce environmental impact.
This survey will provide the first 3D seismic data over blocks offered in the upcoming 17th Bidding Round, now scheduled for October 2021.
Campos Basin Bid Round Coverage
The Campos Deepwater GeoStreamer X project combines new and legacy 3D data, providing a step-change in image quality by delivering high-quality, long-offset, multi-azimuth seismic data over the deepwater portion of northern Campos Basin.
- Open acreage offered in the 17th Bidding Round
- Presalt open acreage adjacent to Albacora and Marlim Leste fields
- Areas acquired and under contract in the 14th Bidding Round, with drilling operations underway to test large presalt structures
GeoStreamer X Tailored for Campos
The program utilizes the latest PGS acquisition and imaging innovations along with legacy library data. When completed, the survey will cover approximately 14 900 sq. km.
The tailored acquisition configuration for this GeoStreamer X project will provide 10 km long offsets to improve depth velocity modeling accuracy of the post-salt, salt, and presalt sections, facilitated by the use of PGS Full Waveform Inversion (FWI) technologies.
FWI modeling results indicate these long offsets will aid in derived velocity accuracy in the presalt section. These additional offset data also promise added angle range and improved signal/noise for seismic amplitude analysis and reservoir characterization. Multi-azimuth processing and velocity model building will improve illumination and image quality of the subsurface structures found within the presalt play in this portion of the Campos Basin.
Data Delivery Schedule
- Phase 1 full integrity imaging will be available Q1 2021, providing final multi-azimuth products over open presalt acreage, including TTI Kirchhoff and RTM (45 Hz) PSDM products.
- Shallow hazard high-resolution pre-stack time migration products will also be available, to aid in shallow drilling hazard analysis, along with gravity and magnetic data for regional basin analysis and standard GeoStreamer field deliverables.
- Fast-track depth products from phase 2 will be available prior to the 17th Bidding Round.
Martin Melhuus, PGS Vice President Sales & Services for South America, commented, “We are very pleased for Ramform Titan to be back in Campos Basin. Despite the challenges of this year, the support of industry funding for this program shows there is strong interest in the potential within the Campos Basin. This is a strategic project in a core area where PGS fully utilizes its latest acquisition innovations in providing a step-change in data quality for the evaluation of the upcoming 17th Bidding Round acreage and greater Campos presalt play. Available fast-track results show great promise and reveal large presalt structures within the available acreage."
Find Out More
For more information about Campos Deepwater GeoStreamer X Multiclient 3D, contact email@example.com, or ask your PGS account manager about data for Brazil
Contact a PGS expert
Please contact a member of our Brazil team for more information.