- Velocity model is optimized by simultaneous iterative updates to reflectivity model
- Reflectivity model is optimized by simultaneous iterative updates to velocity model
- Can accelerate the delivery of accurate velocity and seismic reflectivity products
- It is possible to bypass many time-consuming pre-migration processing steps
- Reliable acoustic and elastic rock property derivation
- Suitable for streamer and OBN datasets
- Outputs: velocity model, reflectivity model, density model and angle gathers
Ultima is equivalent to performing FWI (Full Waveform Inversion) and LSM (Least-Squares Migration) in a single framework. It delivers an accurate velocity model and reflectivity model in an accelerated timeframe.
A novel implementation of the acoustic wave equation removes any assumption of a prior density model. This equation is used for both forward modeling in the FWI component and for reflectivity updates in the LSM component.
PGS Ultima is applicable to data from all marine seismic acquisition platforms. Inputs are an initial velocity model and preconditioned shot gathers.
Contact a PGS expert
If you have a question related to our Imaging & Characterization services or would like to request a quotation, please get in touch.