Fresh ideas and new frontiers are on the agenda at Asia Petroleum Geoscience conference in Kuala Lumpur. PGS will present data and innovation to support the industry.
PGS experts will be available to discuss strategy, data, technology, and new projects. They represent the integrated team of geoscientists and acquisition specialists supporting E&P companies in Asia and worldwide with excellent data, innovative technologies and efficient services.
PGS senior management and regional experts will be represented, including EVP Sales & Imaging Nathan Oliver, who chairs the New Frontiers plenary session.
Andrew Long and Martin Widmaier will present three PGS acquisition-related papers on alternative sources, recording and using continuous wavefield data, and GeoStreamer X. David Cavalin and Maz Farouki will also deliver a troika of papers on regional imaging experiences in Malaysia and Indonesia, including uplifts from least-squares migration.
PGS will also be supporting and sponsoring the Lebanon Petroleum Authority at this event (meet LPA at stand P12)
DAY1 | 29 October
Session 2: Advances in Seismic Acquisition
- 10:30 – 11:00 | Improved Marine Seismic Survey Flexibility And Reduced Environmental Impact Using Compact Sources – A. Long* PGS
- 11:30 - 12:00 | Acquisition and Processing Of Continuous Wavefields Data – A Case Study – M. Widmaier, PGS
Session 5: Full Waveform Inversion I
- 16:00 – 16:30 | Targeted Vs. Regional Model Building And Imaging – A Case Study From Offshore Sabah, Malaysia – D. Cavalin, PGS
- 16:30-17:00 | Nearer, Denser, Longer: Variable Streamer Length High-Density Towed Streamer Acquisition Tailored To Full Waveform Inversion And High-Resolution Imaging – M. Widmaier, PGS
DAY2 | 30 October
Plenary Theatre | Plenary Session | New Frontiers
- 10:30 | Exploring Frontier Basins and Rejuvenating Old Ones - Successful Exploration with New Technology and Innovation, Nathan Oliver, EVP Sales & Imaging, PGS
Session 7: South East Asia Geology and Petroleum Potential II
- 10:15 | Modern Seismic Data Reveals Potential For A Deeper Play In North Madura, East Java, Indonesia – M. Farouki, PGS
Session 12: Advanced Imaging
- 13:15 | Application Of Iterative Least-Squares Migration for Imaging Uplift in All Geological Settings – M. Farouki, PGS
- APGCE 2019
- Date & Time: 29-30 October
- Location: KL, Malaysia
- PGS Stand: G8
Find Out More
To arrange a meeting or a data show with PGS at this event, please contact email@example.com